OOW Tug <500gt Near Coastal CoC
About This Qualification
What We Cover
This qualification consists of the following SQA units required for the OOW <500gt Near Coastal CoC – STCW II/3
- Ship Construction
- Chartwork and Tides
- Contribute to Vessel Stability and Watertight Integrity
- Control Vessel Mooring, Anchoring and Securing Operations
- Interpret Meteorology in the Near Coastal Area
- Respond to Navigational Emergencies
- Vessel Navigation and Tides
- Control Tug Operations
- Signals Certificate
Assessment and Certification
To achieve your full OOW qualification from the MCA in addition to the SQA qualification you will also need to achieve a range of separate short course certificates, listed below, and sit your Orals examination with the MCA.
- NAEST Operational
- STCW – Advanced Fire Fighting
- STCW – Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (CPSC & RB)
- STCW – Medical First Aid
- Efficient Deck Hand (EDH)
- HELM Operational
- GMDSS ROC
Full details are in M notice MGN 495.
Please see the bottom of this block for current dates or phone us on 01752 770589.
You must be currently working on a tugboat.
£7,500 + VAT
To enquire or register for this qualification, please get in touch with our team.